We continue to closely monitor the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The health and safety of the individuals we serve in addition to staff and volunteers are our highest priority as we work closely with local, state and federal agencies to share the most updated information. At PARC, we are committed to do all we can to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The CDC and health officials both nationally and locally have recommended social distancing and avoiding groups over 10 people as an important line of defense in slowing the spread of COVID-19. To do our part, we are implementing additional proactive measures. Please carefully review the below changes to our business operations:
- Children’s Services: All Children’s Services will be closed on Friday, March 20th through Friday, March 27th. This will include the Discovery Learning Center Childcare Services, Preschool, Head Start and VPK Programs, Behavioral Services, Respite, and Family Focus. Prior to closure, all drop-off’s and pick-ups are limited to one person per child and non-essential visitors will be turned away during normal business hours. Please see the Distribution List During School Closures for meal information.
- Life Skills Development: All Adult Programs will be closed on Friday, March 20th through Friday, March 27th. This will include the Inspired Arts, Culinary Arts, PARC Center Industries, Adult Technology Achievement Center, PARC in Bloom, Financial Literacy and Healthy Living. Prior to closure, all non-essential visitors will be turned away during normal business hours.
- Community Support Services: PARC’s Supported Living Program and Supported Employment Program will remain open. We are continually monitoring updates from the CDC and receiving guidance from State and Local officials and our service affiliates.
- Residential Services: PARC’s four residential homes (Burkett Villa, Curry Villa, Bert Muller Home and The Cottages) have been upgraded to a Level 3 status based on an Emergency Order from Governor DeSantis. His order directs no visitation at all long-term care facilities and group homes for a period of 30 days. Please see the Emergency Order for more details.
- Visitors: All essential visitors and vendors will be screened using an approved visitor questionnaire and will not be permitted to access areas where PARC individuals are served. In addition, all individual volunteers and volunteer groups have been suspended, as well as all campus tours.
By March 27th, PARC will re-evaluate whether to resume operations based on current information and guidance from our local health department and government leaders. Our goal is to keep our community safe, continue to care for the individuals we serve and do our part to prevent of the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you for your continued commitment to PARC during this rapidly changing time. We will continue to update the community of any changes through email, our website (https://www.parc-fl.org/covid-19) and social media. You may also contact us at (727) 345-9111 for any questions you may have.
Materials to Download from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: